The quality of your posture can make a big difference in your life. Good posture can make you look and feel younger, stronger and more confident, can help improve your breathing, advance your sports performance and decrease your risk of injury. And, over the course of your life, good posture can prevent painful physical strain in your joints.
How can you tell if you need to improve your posture?
- Collapsed arches in your feet
- An elevated hip or shoulder
- One side of the body rotated forward or back
- Pelvis and hips tilted to the front, back or side
- Rounded back
- Drooping chest and shoulders
- Head jutting forward
These are indications that your body has gotten locked into poor movement patterns for many of a number of reasons, including muscle imbalance, compensation for injuries, ergonomic problems or poor alignment during fitness and sports activities.